Issues with Activity Stream

Daniel Pollak November 15, 2018

The link to the activity stream is very long containing countless arguments. Users who dialed in via OTP sometimes cannot see the activity stream as (our) OTP only allows 10240 bytes URL length.

Is there any way to shorten this URL lenght required for activity stream?

Are we the only ones experiencing this problem? I did not find it on google and we seldom are the first to encounter a problem ...

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2018

What version of Jira is this?

Could you clarify the meaning of OTP?  I'm not familiar with that abbreviation and my searching was not finding any clear answers.

There was a problem in some versions of Jira where the URL length could become extremely long as documented in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-64917

While changes were made to Jira to help avoid this, there also exists possible work-arounds for Jira installs that were using a Microsoft based proxy as documented in the KB JIRA elements fail to render with HTTP 400 error.   Are you seeing HTTP 400 error codes in the end user's browser console when they try to load pages in Jira?  Or some other HTTP error?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events