Issues missing from Default Issue Type Scheme

Michael Lock March 8, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Duplicate Issue Types from Default Issue Type Scheme

I have been experimenting with my JIRA Core Cloud instance.  I have created a new issue and a new issue scheme.  Now Task and Subtask are missing from the Default Issue Type Scheme.  There doesn't seem to be a way do add them back to the Default Issue Type Scheme.

What's happened and how can I fix it?

6 answers

0 votes
Klaus Dahl December 20, 2019

I have the same problem.

0 votes
Isaac Davenport January 13, 2019

Same with  my cloud instance.  Default Issue types only contains stories and epics, it does not contain task or bug issue types.  I can't figure out how to fix it.

0 votes
Mirko Schäfer (Seibert Solutions) January 8, 2019

Same with our instance.

0 votes
Andy Prinsen October 11, 2018

Same here.

0 votes
Michael Lock November 24, 2016

Claire;

My recollection is vague because this was some time ago.  I wound up needing support from Atlassian.  They had to make corrections in the database.  To be honest I don't know exactly what they changed.  I believe the problem was caused by some defect in the software.  I do not know if it has been fixed.

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2017

...darn... b/c i'm now seeing the exact same thing too.

Craig Krab October 31, 2017

Just found this issue recently and you know what?

Atlassian - this really underscores how absolutely cobbled together and shoddy your platform is!

The entire layout and association of schemas, projects, templates, and add ons makes it incomprehensible and completely convoluted.

YOU HAVE A BUG NOW DO YOUR JOB AND FIX IT! You owe it to all of your customers who have invested their money and time in to using this platform. 

FIX IT TODAY!!

Ram Laksnarain June 18, 2018

I see this in the latest version.  I noticed it last week when I saw only Epic in the Default Issue Type Schemes and new issues in existing projects could not be assigned to anything else other than Epic and new issue type I created.  I had to delete all the issue types in a project and then readd them from the list.  However, these types (story, bug, task, etc.) are not on the Default Issue Type Schemes Screen.

Kasturee July 6, 2018

Experiencing the same issue. The "Task" issue type is not being displayed in the Default Issue Type Scheme

0 votes
Claire Jamieson November 23, 2016

Did you find an answer to this question? i have this problem too.

Suggest an answer