Issues completed outside of this sprint

Alla Ioselevich June 28, 2016

The issue that appears in a Sprint report under this category has the same Sprint number in a Sprint field as all other issues. How it was determined that it was completed outside of the Sprint? 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

These are the issues that were not in the sprint but were completed during the sprint or issues which were completed before the sprint started or after it ended.

Issue was moved to status Done on June 16. I completed sprint today. So it doesn't add up.

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

You are right - I was fooled be looking at our own sprints, but this was just a coincidence. I've done some digging and edited my answer.

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2016

We have several occasions where stories were marked as done before the sprint was actually started - they all show up in "Issues completed outside of this sprint".

Thanks, I think this makes sense.

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2016

I have no idea why this is not in the official docs - this same question has been asked before. Please accept the answer so this one is closed. Thanks!

I accepted your answer. But in fact in our case it was a bit more complicated. We removed this issue from the active sprint, because of some misunderstanding. Then it was put in status Done and moved back when sprint was still active. And now JIRA report shows is as completed outside of the sprint.

Barry DeJaeger October 5, 2016

Hi Petar,

Is there a way to fix this issue, if you want the issue to be part of the sprint and part of the chart, can this be fixed by modifying data in the database? Or is there a way to do it in the UI?

Thanks

Barry

Christian Reyes December 4, 2016

I have an issue with this as well. Issues completed outside of sprint are showing up in my gray commitment bar chart on the velocity chart. This is creating inflated commitments for some of my teams. It seems that if someone finishes a story in a 'future sprint' before that sprint starts, the story is counted as a commitment in the velocity chart. I don't think this should be the case. Is this an known issue? Is there a workaround to it?

Christian Reyes December 4, 2016

Here is my sprint report - 

image2016-12-4 22:53:27.png

Here is the velocity chart for the same sprint

image2016-12-4 22:55:10.png

Jeffrey Luna September 12, 2019

Sorry, wrong window on sending.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events