Issues are automatically resolved upon creation

Andreas Jahn Olsson August 23, 2016

When people create issues in our JIRA setup, they are immediately resolved. It seems like it doesn't affect the actual status or result of the issue, but it says under dates, that the issue has been resolved the same time it was created. It causes a lot of problems using the JIRA Agile view, where all new issues are strikethrough, giving the impression the issue has been resolved - even though it is not.

It only began recently, and there shouldn't have been any changes to the projects, worksflows etc. so I can't really figure out what the problem might be..

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2016

Hi @Andreas Jahn Olsson

The first thing I would check in this scenario is to make sure that nobody has amended the screen used at creation to include the resolution field. If they have then all users will be forced to include a resolution on creation giving the scenario you describe.

Hope this helps 

Phill

Andreas Jahn Olsson August 23, 2016

Hi @Phill Fox [Adaptavist]

Thank you vey much for the answer! I tried looking at our Default Screen for Create Issue, which did have the resolution field as you said. Removing this from the screen seems to have solved the problem.

Thank you again.

Andreas

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2016

Hi Andreas Jahn Olsson

Glad to be able to help. Please upvote my response so that anyone else who encounters the same issue may find this answer in the future.

Phill

Suggest an answer