Issue with Jira to Jenkins connectivity using OAuth Token

yogesh.pandit.nawle March 22, 2019

We are trying to make connectivity between Jira and Jenkins using OAuth token authentication and for this using Jira trial account.  For this we did below steps -

Steps for Jira

1. Generate the config.properties for OAuth Token

2. Configure Jira client application as an OAuth consumer 

a. Generate an RSA public/private key pair

b. Configure the client app as a consumer in Jira, using Jenkins application links

3.  Updated for OAuth specific configuration to generate OAuth Token

4. Above steps completed successfully for Jira.

Steps for Jenkins

1.  Manage Jenkins > Configure System > JIRA Steps > Add Site > Choose OAuth.

2. Updated generated OAuth tokens and tested connection. Its connected successfully.

3. Above steps completed successfully for Jenkins.

Now, We need to trigger jobs in Jenkins using OAuth connection from Jira to Jenkins.

Note - Webhook connection is not working for triggering jenkins job and for this, do we need to add any plugin at Jira/ Jenkins end for Jira to Jenkins Webhook connectivity. Needs help/ document for Jira Webhook setup using OAuth to trigger Jenkins Job.

Thank in Advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2019

Hello Yogesh,

Welcome to Community! Nice to meet you.

I happened to notice that you raised the very same request in our support portal. My colleague, Mohamed, has been assisting you but hasn't heard from you for the last few days.

Please reply to him if you are able, in case you have any questions or so that he knows he was able to clarify things for you.

Once the issue is resolved please feel free to reply here with what in particular helped you, because it can help other users in the future.

Thank you, and take care!

Regards,

Shannon

ICherukumalli January 29, 2020

Hi,

I installed jira plugin in to jenkins and trying to add jira url and basic authentication, since i am facing error like below 

Basic auth with password is not allowed on this instance

Please help me out.

Thanks

Rani

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2020

@ICherukumalli,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this problem. I recommend that you raise a new question for your case. This question is nearly a year old and the Community won't see it as easily in order to help you.

Let me know if you have any trouble!

Regards,

Shannon

Priyanshu_Verma May 7, 2020

Hello Yogesh.

Can you please elaborate the steps a bit more so that it will be more clear how to proceed with it . That will be really helpful because I need to implement that for my project.

Thanks in advance.

Suggest an answer