Issue when prioritising stories that have subtasks

Vasilis Gennaris June 5, 2018

Hi there, 

I face an issue with the prioritisation of the stories of a Sprint. 

I created 7 stories for my next Sprint and I prioritised them based to the needs through the backlog view. Some of them contain subtasks and some not.  

When I started the Sprint I realised that the Stories that contains subtasks are on top in the Active Sprint view, despite the fact that were placed lower in priority on backlog view. I tried to change them through this view but I wasn't able. 

Is there any way to do so?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
ASweeten
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2018

Hello Vasilis,

Thanks for reaching out about this problem with seemingly odd prioritization in your Active Spring board.  Sorry that this is confusing, but it is actually designed behavior.  There is a note under the Swimlanes configuration which denotes this: 

Group sub-tasks under their parent issue. Issues without sub-tasks will be shown in their own group at the bottom.

You can change this behavior by turning off Swimlanes.  Click on the Board nav item (top right of Active Sprint page) -> Configure -> click on Swimlanes (left nav tree) and change the value of the 'Base Swimlanes on' box to 'No Swimlanes'.  Hope this is helpful.

Cheers
~Andrew Sweeten
Atlassian Support

Vasilis Gennaris June 8, 2018

Thanks Andrew! 

It would be nice though to have the view of the swimlanes and the prioritisation available!

Best, 

Vasilis

Suggest an answer