Issue sorting and filtering

Per Norden January 31, 2017

In other tools and in Excel I've been used to have a funnel to press to have the possibility to select individual field values, directly in the column header. 

I've seen a similar feature in Jira, but from the headlines it's only possible to change sorting from low to high or vice versa. Above the headlines there are a few standard fiels from where it's possible to select field values for for the columns. 

Jira.JPG

Yes, additional field can be made possible to use, but the're not there the next time unless creating a filter with a selection of field value(s). But as I work, I have very diffrent quieries from time to time so it will be almost impossible to create filters for all of my different search criterions and to keep track of the filters.

Does anyone in the fine community have a solution for my issue?

Many thanks in advance /Per Nordén

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user February 1, 2017

No, you don't get to 'click' on things, but in the advanced mode you can filter the results manually. 

Example (I only want two of the status values);

project = Defects AND status in (AlmostDone, Done)

Or

(I only want all except two of the status values)

project = Defects AND status not in (Pending, Started)

Of course if you want Excel capabilities, you can always export to Excel and go from there.

0 votes
Per Norden February 1, 2017

Many thanks Guilherme,

Sorry for not beeing very clear in my initial question, but to summarize, I'm looking for the possibility to filter out values for all of my fields in my search screen, directly from the column headlines, like we do the filter (funnel) function in Excel (sorry for my Swedish image), in addition to sort low-high.

Excel 2.JPG

Many thanks in advance /Per

0 votes
Guilherme Nogueira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2017

i dont know if I understood but you want to order by more than one column? if yes, you can change search mode to advanced and then:

your jql fielter (advance mode) + order by (field1,field2) ASC/DESC

Suggest an answer