Issue notifications to users without permission group or application

Carlos López Holtmann September 2, 2016

I have tested in JIRA Core 7.2, that users not belonging to jira-users or admins and without an application can still receive email notifications if checkd as active.

I'd like to confirm

1. if we can rely on this to deliver notifications to users that don't interact directly with JIRA (as watchers)
  2. if (as I understand from JIRA docs) users that are checkd as Active, but don't belong to a permission group or application don't count as a license seat.

thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
vitaliy zapolskyy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2016

when you configure particular notification scheme and want to add  

Notifications will be sent only for public issues. Public issues are issues which have a Permission scheme that gives the 'Browse Projects' permission to 'Anyone'(any non-logged-in users).

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2016

As long as the user has a valid email address, and can see the issue if they were to visit it in the UI, then yes, they can get the emails.

Any user who can log in counts towards your licence number (if you have Service Desk, then "customers" are unlimited, but that's a different type of login)

Suggest an answer