Issue is not showing up in inactive sprint

Catherine Lu August 16, 2016

I have 2 sprints for my board: an active one and an inactive one. I've noticed that some issues in the inactive sprint have not been showing up in the Backlog view. When I change the sprint to the active one, they show up.

The issues also show up when I use the search box in the upper right.

I checked my board filters, and I'm able to see the issue when I search with the same filter that's applied to the entire board. I don't have any other filters on.

I'm out of ideas. Would love some help!

1 answer

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

That's really strange...

Some random questions:

When the backlog is being loaded without the issue, are there any errors in your browser's console?

Have you tried reproducing the same weird behaviour in a different browser?

Sometimes there could be problems with your browser's cache.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

Do you confirm that the issue is being shown in the JQL search while the issue belongs just to the inactive sprint?

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2016

Is the board configured to use any swimlanes? If so, based on what?

Catherine Lu August 17, 2016

Hi Ignacio,

Thanks for your reply! After debugging further, I noticed that only the tasks marked as "in-progress" in the inactive sprint do not show up.

Is there a way to allow the "in-progress" tasks to show up in the inactive sprint, even though they're in-progress? (We are not using sprints exactly in the way JIRA intended.)

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2016

Check these 4 bullets:

An issue will only be visible in the Backlog if:

• the issue is not a sub-task,
  • the issue matches the board's saved filter, 
  • the issue's status maps to one of the board's columns (but not the Done column), and
  • there is at least a status being mapped to the right-most column. 
    e.g. If you have the columns To Do, In Progress, and Done, ensure that you have a status mapped to In Progress at least. If you map all the statuses to the first column (To Do), you will not be able to see any issues in the Backlog.

Like Allan Dean likes this

Suggest an answer