Issue count on Epic view of the agile board shows zero count

Jonak Biswas November 3, 2015

I have imported some user stories using CSV import of Jira. while importing, I have provided the Epic link in the CSV file so that the User Stories get associated with the Epics in Jira.

After the successful completion of the CSV Import, when I validated the user stories, I found the stories got successfully linked to the Epics and Epic Link shows the Epic Name.

Problem Statement

When I am viewing the Epics in Agile Board in the Backlog, The "Issue" count is showing zero (0) for the Epics which were linked using CSV import. The Epics which were manually linked are showing "Issue" count equal to the number of User stories associated with them. 

I am not sure why this is happening. Please find the screenshot attached.11-3-2015 6-41-08 PM.png11-3-2015 6-42-58 PM.png

3 answers

0 votes
Erwin Ilgun January 16, 2017

maybe a wee bit too late, but I just stumbled upon the same problem and got it to work. You have to make sure that the issues you need to be counted can be found by the board's filter (board > configure > general > filter query) and that the statuses you use are properly mapped to the equivalent 'to do' (blue), 'in progress' (yellow), and 'done' (green) columns. 

0 votes
Pushpkant Garg June 4, 2016

We are also facing the same issue. And solution provided by you Timothy does not work either. Can you please help further in resolving this issue?

Thanks,

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2015

That's weird. Not sure if a reindex is going to help but in the worse case scenario, you will have to relink everything again by dragging the issue to the Epic.

Suggest an answer