Issue appearing across scrum and Kanban board

Shwetha_Peruri March 13, 2018

Hi All,

I have a scrum and Kanban board created for a single project. When a new issue is created it appears both in kanban and scrum boards. Is it a good practice to create a new issue type and apply filters in the boards so that the issues created with new issue type will appear only in kanban board? I need to have a different workflow for kanban board as well.

By doing this, will that issue appear in the backlog that is used for scrum board? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2018

A board is not a container for issues, it is a view of a selection of issues.

Your two boards are running filters that both select the new issue, so yes, it's going to appear on both boards.

If you want different sets of issues on the different boards, then alter their filters so that they do not select the same issues.

You can't have a different "workflow for a board".  Workflows are a function of project and issue type.  An issue works within one workflow only, and that feeds into the board when a board selects that issue.  You could make it look like having different workflows "for different boards" by associating different issue types with different workflows and then using the board filters to only select certain issue types.

Shwetha_Peruri March 22, 2018

Thanks a lot.

I created a new issue type for kanban board and set up filters accordingly so that this comes up only in kanban and not in scrum board

Suggest an answer