Issue Types on Create dropdown do not match Issue Type Schema definition

Shannon Davis March 17, 2016

I am on JIRA 6.3.x

I have set up a project with its own Issue Type schema.  After a month or so, they came to me and told me that many of their issue types had gone missing. I checked their project and its associated issue type schema - and it was still OK. However, I was able to replicate their problem - when i went to "Create" an issue in their project, the Issue Types list was quite small (and included one that doesn't exist on our server!)

I can't fathom why this is happening.  Any ideas?

(These folks do have project admin, but I am not sure what they could have done to cause this).

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon Davis October 19, 2016

Solution: Change to a different workflow scheme. Reassociate to the original workflow scheme. Reindex.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2016

Check Joe's answer first, but the second thing is to look at the two types of type you can define (that's a horrid sentence, but bear with me).  An issue type can be either an issue type or a sub-task issue type.

Only issue types appear on "create" because sub-tasks can only be created from their parent issue. 

But, I suspect Joe is right.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2016

If you've check the schema and the project to make sure they are using the schema I'd open an issue with Atlassian support.

Suggest an answer