Issue Type and Configure Fileds

Elif Alverson February 11, 2016

Hello, 

I have added a custom issue type called " new employee" which associated a new employee issue type screen and new fields. When I try to create a task issue type i see that the fields that I used to have are disappeared since they all are not included to new employee issue type. Every time I need to select the fields that i need for task issue type to create an issue.

It is the same for creating new employee issue. When I try to create a new employee issue , all i can see that the shared fields  for both task and the new employee. I need to go and check the fields i have created for new employee issue type. 

Please help. Thank you.

2 answers

4 votes
Mohamad Khalife
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2016

Hi @Elif Alverson,

You should associate different screen scheme for each issue type in "Issue Type Screen Scheme" of the project, so each issue type will have its own create screen fields.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2016

When you say "Check", are you just talking about the "Configure Fields" in the view screen? This will control on what fields to show by default and this should be personally cached.

I am talking about the Configure Fields. Every time I need to check the fields I want if I am creating different type of issue types. It does not save it based on the issue type.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2016

Why not just select "All" then control what is displayed in the Create screen via the project screen scheme.

But this is for the same project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events