Issue Security Scheme: Auto-assign by Reporter?

Erica December 19, 2016

I have 10+ groups in my issue security scheme. I want the ticket to auto generate this security level based on the Reporter's group. For example, he is from group C. When he creates this ticket, I want the field for security level I created from the security scheme to auto-assign it as group C. So only users with group C can see this access and not group A and etc... post-function1.png

2 answers

1 vote
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2016

Hi Erica,

If I understand right the requirement, I suppose you have x groups and y security issues.

I can see two possible solutions.
The first one is to create 10 Set issue security lvl post functions. Each one will have a condition. For example

for users who belong to group a - their issues should have the Security lvl A

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
def groupManager = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager()
groupManager.isUserInGroup(issue.reporter?.name, 'group a')

Name of security lvl: Security lvl A

for users who belong to group b - their issues should have the Security lvl b

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
def groupManager = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager()
groupManager.isUserInGroup(issue.reporter?.name, 'group b')

Name of security lvl: Security lvl b

etc... 
One post function under the other. But you have to be careful and very precise with your conditions.
The other solution is to have a single custom post function which actually will do the same. The disadvantage is that you have to write your own script for that but it will be much easier to maintain and debug it or event extend it. 
Hope I understand right the requirements. Please let me know if you need further assistance.
regards, Thanos
0 votes
Erica December 28, 2016

Thank you Thanos for your response. Greatly appreciate it. What setting should the screen shot be in the drop down? I left it none because I wanted to make sure that it just doesnt auto assign to that specific group.

security.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events