Issue Navigator Default Component Search

Paul Dennis November 10, 2016

I like to search by component all the time  and it's a real nuisance to click the more button and then choose component option and then the component. For example in the issue navigator menu  I have the option for assigneee which I never use. It would be very useful to be able to select the criteria for the issue navigator menu ie so I can replace Assignee with Component.

Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
Paul Dennis November 10, 2016

Thanks Sam, I have just done the same. As you say not perfect since you have to deselect none each time but it works.

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2016

Another option is to switch to 'Advanced' mode and type your query in JQL. If you haven't used JQL, there's a decent blog post from Atlassian here.

component = "Your Component Name"

Sam

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2016

Hi Paul,

I've found this a bit of a nuisance as well, but can share a workaround has have saved me a bit of time.

What I've done is:

• set up a simple search for issues without a component (i.e. click 'More', tick 'Component' and then choose 'No Component'). 
  • then, save the search using the 'Save as' button. For filter name, I use 'Component Search'.

The result is that 'Component Search' shows in my 'Favourite Filters' on the issue navigator page.

When I want to search by component, I click 'Component Search' and it opens the issue navigator with 'Component' pull-down menu showing. Then I can use it to refine which components I want to see.

jira-comp-search.jpg

Not a perfect solution, I know, but it a saves a bit of messing with the 'More' menu.

I hope it helps you a bit.

Sam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events