Issue Key does not show up in the drop-down list

Basak, Lapu-Lapu City July 5, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Importing Data from CSV

Hi,

I have been trying to update multiple existing issues in JIRA (to copy value from the "Date Resolved" field to "Date Closed" field.

I created a CVS file with three fields ass following (only 1 case to try first):

IssueKey,Summary,Date Closed

SSSR-2972,vs2005 code review 13 changes,2/2/2009 15:30

I set up the correct Project and the Date format (m/d/yyyy h:mm), but in the "Setup field mappings" I cannot get Issue Key in the drop down list (all other fields that I looked for were there except Project, but I assumed that this is because I have already selected the project.

Please help.

Thanks,

Dan Ninic (dan.ninic@teradyne.com)

1 answer

0 votes
Andrea Carl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2016

Sounds like you are accessing the import from the front-end (under Projects menu).  This has scaled down functionality since it's available to end-users. Use the csv importer that is accessible from the Admin panel - note: you will need JIRA administrator permission.

Basak, Lapu-Lapu City July 6, 2016

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for a quick reply.

Actually, I am accessing the import from the Admin panel (System / Import & Export / External System Import / Import projects and issues from a CVS file...). I do have JIRA administrator permission.

I selected the CVS file , then the Project, and set the correct Date Format.

The problem happens when I try to map the fields. I was able to map the Date and the Summary, but couldn't find the Issue Key field in the drop-down field.

Best regards,

Dan

Suggest an answer