Isn't there a way to view the overall progress on my projects?

John Strzempa October 20, 2015

Not using agile, but we just want to be able to view all our projects and their overall progress which would be a calculated value based on the issues in the project. This seems like it should be included already and I'm just missing it?

Like this:

Project A -- 40%

Issues A -- 60%

Issue B ---- 40%

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2015

I think the best and closest things you can have:

• In your "Project Home Page", click on the Overview tab and check the "*Roadmap*" sub-menu which will display issue completion based on "Versions".
  • "Epic" issue types which will show you some kind of "visuals" on what issues are linked to it and what are their statuses. In the "Planning" board, you can see the overall completion on the left side of the board.
  • "Sub-Tasks" issues types which will show you status and progress bar on the "Parent Issue"

Try the first option, I think it somehow fits your needs.

John Strzempa October 21, 2015

Your answer lead me to the Time Tracking Report, which is close enough for what we need

0 votes
J Burr May 24, 2018

Progress needs to be around requirements: Stated vs met, Or could be storypoints to completion vs storypoints delivered. The former is prefred as it relates directly to the customer's stated needs.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

As others noted, you should be more specific about your definition of progress.

Nevertheless, if that is calculated by aggregating values from issue fields (standard or custom), you will be define that report with the Better Excel Plugin.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2015

You need to define what you mean by overall progress. Is it as simple as created vs resolved? Most people want to do that by project, not across the entire JIRA instance and that is built in. You should be able to create a filter that would reproduce that over all the projects.

Suggest an answer