Is there gadget/report which shows resolved/unresolved by specified column?

Miroslav Kravec October 20, 2015

A customer using our JIRA would like to see resolved/unresolved statistics table based on specified issue field.

Ie. he selects priority field. Then for each used priority in filter issues: there is a row - (name, resolved count, unresolved count). Similar would be for component, or some custom field for his internal properties of issues.

Is something like that possible within core JIRA, or do we need some add-on for it?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2015

There isn't really one for resolved/unresolved directly, but you can get close.

Define a filter for "issues in priority X I want to look at".  Add a "filter statistics" gadget using that filter and select "resolution" for the field to report on.  It will give you all the resolutions separately, but including "unresolved" and a count of the total numbers.

However, I'd use my favourite gadget - define a filter for "all the issues to look at", then use the "2 dimensional statistics" gadget with it, selecting priority on one axis and resolution on the other.  It'll give you a grid of all the possible combinations in one go, no need for the user to select anything.

Miroslav Kravec October 20, 2015

Thanks. It's quite close to what I want. If it were possible to define "view" or "generated column/field" for filter, then It would be great. I would do [filter issues] -> [generate status(resolved/unresolved) field(column) from resolution] -> gadget.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2015

I forgot - some gadgets have a "ignore resolved issues" flag. So you could put two gadgets next to each other, with the same filter, but set the flag differently. JIRA doesn't do "generated" fields, other than the built-in ones (mostly to do with sums of time tracking). But if you have one of the scripting addons that does provide scripted fields, a simple yes/no field would be a doddle to write (if $issue.resolution then return "resolved" else return "unresolved")

Suggest an answer