Is there any way to authenticate users against AD with the cloud version of JIRA?

Michael Hicks January 14, 2016

We're using the hosted version of JIRA and would like to switch user authentication to Active Directory. Is this possible out of the box? If not, are there any add-ons that make it possible, or can we use something like Crowd to enable it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2016

It will be soon (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-79) so no choice for now. You can only use internal auth (for JIRA Cloud) or Google Accounts.

Michael Hicks January 15, 2016

How soon? Are we talking 3 months, 6 months, a year? If it's 3 or 6 months, I can wait, but probably not longer than that.

Michael Hicks January 15, 2016

Also, will AD integration extend to Bitbucket?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2016

Only the Atlassians can answer that (I am not saying I'm not an Atlassian though smile ). Leave a comment in the ticket, maybe they will reply with a definite date.

Jira Administrator December 19, 2016

Same here. Would like that or an additional Microsoft 365 account authentication would be nice.

Danny Murillo January 9, 2018

Does anyone know if the new AD functionality for user authentication has been incorporated yet?  I am looking to use Jira/Service desk for my organization but would really need to use AD of my users.

Russell Stanford January 9, 2018

Yes we currently but maybe not directly to your AD. We connect our AD to Azure AD via Azure Dir Sync, then Azure AD connects with Atlassian products and many other products. We currently use a free version of Azure AD to handle this. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/active-directory-saas-atlassian-cloud-tutorial

Suggest an answer