Is there a way when creating an issue to have the project field dropdown remain blank?

Marc L April 14, 2016

The goal is to have the user that is creating an issue to select the correct project rather than just accepting the project that is currently displaying in the Create Issue screen.

1 answer

1 vote
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

No, that's not possible (it might be possible with some creative scripting and some plugins, but let's not get into that)

I assume your problem is that users are sometimes distracted and report issues in the wrong project, and you'd like to avoid this. It's true that this is an easy mistake, since the project shown is from the last issue you accessed, not necessarily the same as the last time you actually reported an issue.

I may have a solution that's not 100% what you asked for, but that may do the trick. It could be annoying to users, but i'll leave you be the judge of that.

1. Add a "Field has been modified" validator to the Create transition in your workflow
  2. Select Project as the field.

I haven't tried this, but that will force the user to change the value of the Project field. Hopefully, changing the project from Project A back to Project A will count as a modification.

If that doesn't work, I'm afraid you'll need scripting, but I'm not the best reference for that. Or you could get better users smile

Suggest an answer