Is there a way to use to have HIPCHAT chat history logged as Comments on JIRA ?

Samerics October 27, 2015

Hi,

We have a working JIRA and HIPCHAT integration where we can create a room for each issues separately.

I was wondering if the chat history on HipChat can be logged as comments on the JIRA issues.

Thank You!

2 answers

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2015

I'd be concerned that so much information would end up in an issue that it would be hard to understand the significant parts. I'd like to be able to add small sets of comments from HC maybe.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2015

Maybe this helps: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.plugins.hipchat.hipchatissue

Usage: https://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/HIP/Usage

I have built it for codegeist (this year). Give it a spin and let me know your feelings (be careful, install is a bit complicated). It is not exactly what you want, but anyway ...

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2015

Sorry, somehow I managed to misinform you. A week ago, the install instructions I provided worked. The plugin worked as expected for the Atlassian person that approved the plugin, too. However, today I checked again, and Atlassian changed the way Hipchat reacts to the descriptor, rendering my plugin uninstallable on Hipchat (works on JIRA, though, unchanged). In short, you will have to wait until I find a way to circumvent this new behavior of Hipchat. Sorry, not my fault.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2015

Ok, seems to be working again. Thanks to Seb Ruiz, who fixed it.

Suggest an answer