Is there a way to update the date format for the Due Date field?

Abhijeet Goswami January 15, 2019

Under Issues in my project I want to use the date format as dd/mmm/yyyy

But the system only allows yyyy/mm/dd

Response to the question will be appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Abhijeet Goswami January 20, 2019

Thank you @Katarzyna for the suggestion.

Could you please advise how do I revert my settings to  Old View.

Arun Kumar September 16, 2019

Are you on cloud product or Server?

If you are on Jira cloud, click on the profile picture then select settings, scroll down under Jira Labs, disable the "New Jira Issue view". You should be good to go!

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2019

Hi @Abhijeet Goswami,

This is a system global parameter that the system administrator can modify as follows

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/index.html?java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html

date.JPG

Abhijeet Goswami January 15, 2019

Thank you for responding @Ollie Guan

I have already updated the date/time format to dd/mmm/yy but for some reason Due Date filed still shows the incorrect format.

Refer to the attached screen shots. Current setting of the date and time format.

Due Date field under Issues showing incorrect format.Date & Time Format.JPGDue Date Setting.JPGDue Date Field.JPG

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2019

Hi @Abhijeet Goswami,

It looks like a problem with New Jira Experience. I have the same situation. In "old" view I see correct date. In case of new view, when I see issue details in the drawer, date structure is different. Did you check how "due date" looks in old view? Probably, it's not a problem with your Jira settings.

old_view.pngnew_view.png

Suggest an answer