Is there a way to show the status of an issue at a past moment in time?

Andrei Chis August 11, 2016

For example: I have a Date field on my issue screen that records the current date based on the transition of the issue. So when I transition my issue from Active to Inactive, that Date field gets populated with current date. What I want is that when I filter my issues lets say on a specific date recorded by Date field, in the results they will be displayed with the status they had on that date.

Is something like this possible?

1 answer

1 vote
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2016

Hi Andrei,

Statuses displayed are always the current status on the issue. The information you are looking for is captured in the Issue Activity and Issue History. You can also use "was" and "changed" in advanced search to look for these issues that had a different status and changed to a new status on a particular date without having to have a separate date field for that.

You can possibly have a custom field that captures the status at the time and use this to display/report on statuses at the time. 

Thank you

Bhushan

Andrei Chis August 11, 2016

Hi Bhushan,

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding your second suggestion, which custom field is capable of capturing status at a certain time?

Andrei

Suggest an answer