Is there a way to move where the fields show?

Aaron Turner June 3, 2016

The Configuring the Issue Detail View article very nicely explains how to turn on or off the individual fields in the Issue Detail View. I'm more interested in moving where those fields show.

In the basic view, the issue is split into two columns, the left one wide and the right one skinny. In the right column there are the People, Dates, Time Tracking, and Agile sections (at least that is what the admins have enabled in my JIRA). The issue that we're having is that those sections are very short, and can usually fit on one screen with no issues, while the left column, has a lot of data, and requires multiple screens to view.

Because of the column arrangement, as I scroll down, the right third of the screen is blank. This causes  issues with the left column being restricted to a skinnier width and lots of blank real estate.

Is there anyway to rearrange "where" the fields and categories display, so that there won't be a lot of blank screen space?

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

Aaron,

There is no possibility to change left column width without doing JIRA source files modifications or tricky javascript (jQuery) operations.

Only thing you can do is grouping data in left panel into tabs. It makes the column shorter, but some of the fields will be visible when you click on appropriate tab. Please also note that tabs without any not empty fields, will not be visible on view issue screen.

Aaron Turner June 6, 2016

So the best option, short of trickery, would be to move those fields from the right side column into the left side column? And hopefully if everything is removed from the right side column it will disappear?

Suggest an answer