Is there a way to mass update some fields data for bugs?

Kishore Chennuru July 25, 2019

I want to mass update certain fields data for many bugs together. Is there a way to mass update?

1 answer

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2019

Hi Kishore,

did you come across the bulk edit in the issue navigator yet? Some things need to be considered as well if you run into problems (not having the global permission etc.)

Editing multiple issues at the same time

Best, Max

Hi Max, Is it a admin setting or permission that I need to have to use the bulk edit option. I don't see it in my session. Thanks for the quick reply.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2019

Hey,

as mentioned in the documentation, you need sufficient project permissions for the issues from your JQL query and the Bulk Change global permission.

bulk.png

So if you don't see this option on the top right corner in the issue navigator you don't have the needed global permission (screenshot from Jira Software server)

Best, Max

Thank you, I don't see that option. I see No Available options as per below. I will find out if our org can enable that privilege for us.

jira no bulk update options.JPG

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2019

You're welcome Kishore. I can imagine that your administrators removed the global permission by intention from regular users as bulk change implies bulk transition, delete, move, etc. So just in case tell them what needs to be changed so just in case they can do it for you.

Suggest an answer