Is there a way to include table grid editor based data into eazybi reports

As in summary

We are using the table grid editor to collect various line items in an issue.  I would now like to create a report over this data using eazybi.

How can this be done ?

Francis

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Francis,

Unfortunately, we don't have integration with this add-on yet.

Perhaps we could add some of the table grid editor fields already in one of the next eazyBI versions, if you share more details to support@eazybi.com - what fields, hierarchies, dimensions or columns you would expect to see in eazyBI reports.

From your display name I see that you represent IDalko. Could you also explain then if and how eazyBI could access URL of XML (or JSON), that can be used for REST API import.

Kind regards,

Martins Vanags / Support

The table grid editor allows to store tabular data in a database table.  This table is automatically created based on the configuration of the grid.   Note that this table can be created in the database used by JIRA or any external other database.

There is an extensive API (rest or java) which allows to access this data.  For instance the read REST api allows to extract individual rows stored in the grid

I'm not sure how eazybi is working and how it could include the data managed by the table grid, but giving its tabular nature it might be a good fit for eazyBI. 

Hey!! 

What about this integration? work in progess?

smile

The grid table is an ordinary sql table.  Looking at the explanation - there should be no problem to integrate grid table data into eazybi.  Can we setup a confcall to flesh out a procedure because my modrian skills are a bit rusty smile

Francis

Is there any update on this? Did you find a way to include table grid data into EazyBI?

Hi Marion,

This hasn't been changed yet and it is still not possible to include table grid data into eazyBI.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,

Martins / eazyBI team

I reopened the mutual eazyBi / TGE issue to further track this request.   It ended up somewhere in the twilight zone.  Thanks for reminding.

Wow,  that is a quick response of both of you! Please keep me updated, but I suppose it will take some time...

I second Marion's request.  We have financial information within a TGE field but would also like to present this data (with further analysis) on a jira dashboard within an eazyBI report.

@Dale Wolfe@Marion Knopp,

Thanks for your continuing interest on this topic. The solution for the data import is still under consideration. The Table Grid is a flexible tool and the solution to integrate the table grid data into the eazyBI Jira Issues model might not be straightforward.

Sorry for not providing too much good news regarding the potential integration, I will keep you posted when anything new regarding this appears.

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 5 hours ago in Statuspage

What are your best incident management tips and stories? #HugOps

👋Community members! Downtime happens. And great incident response takes a village. Teams like Support, Dev, SRE, Ops, IT, and Marketing have to come together to resolve the problem while keep...

23 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you