Is there a way to import confluence pages into JIRA issues?

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2016

For example a plugin or something? We want to be able to easily pull things like workinstructions or knowledgebase items from confluence in JIRA issues. The integration between JIRA and Confluence dissappoints me, you only seem to be able to pull JIRA items into confluence, not the other way around.

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2016

Hi Bart,

You can perfectly link Confluence pages to JIRA issues. The same way you link JIRA issues to each other, just select More / Link and select 'Confluence Page'. You can paste the URL or search for a page through some filter options. The link to the Confluence page appears under Issue Links once you're done.

With regards to knowledge base articles, a really strong integration has been released on Cloud around Summit (2 weeks ago). Relevant knowledge base articles are being suggested as possible answers and can be shared with the customer with a single click. You can check the Release notes of version 3.2 regarding this topic.

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016

Thanks for the answer Walter but unfortunately i'm not on cloud but on JIRA server. It would be cool if we had the option to put like a confluence button somewhere between the formatting options to pull pages into the description of a ticket.

Stefan February 6, 2017

Is there anything the admin has to do in order that JIRA offers a "Select Confluence Page"?

With "More - Link" I have only 3 options:

External Link

Mail link

Anchor link.

Suggest an answer