Is there a way to ensure export of current fields in Jira actually sticks to current fields?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2017

I am using Chrome.  When I load a filter and export results to Excel using current fields it works well.  If I modify the query a bit and export the results with current fields it all goes to hell and I find myself with everything out of order, and with a ton more fields in my export.  Is there a way to avoid this?

After posting this question I tried other browsers and incognito mode in Chrome.  No good.

5 answers

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2017

CSV is more standard and don't limit you to Excel. The issue I see with CSV currently is that not all fields gets the string value. For example Epic name. Hopefully they will fix that else I might need to mine the data elsewhere or get a plugin smile

Did the filter "workaround" work for you?

0 votes
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2017

XLS or CSV - doesn't matter smile

What matters is my columns are the same as what's on screen when I use current fields. 

If anything, CSV will save me the headache of having to remove images and merged cells.

Though why was XLS removed instead of making CSV an extra option?  Seems kind of a backwards move.

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2017

Yeah but when upgrading you will notice excel export is gone. Unless you want a paid plugin don't invest to much time on building dependencies on Excel. smile 

0 votes
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2017

I'm using 6.4, it's not that old :'(

I'll try that and see if that works, thanks.

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2017

What if you save the modified query as a filter and reload it? Is this a older version of JIRA since you export to Excel or do you mean csv? (Newer version don't have export to Excel)

Suggest an answer