Is there a way to disallow one of the priority levels in a single project?

Kim Fleer April 8, 2018

Hi, I'm new to being a jira admin, and I'm working on adding a new workflow to our site.

I understand priority levels are site-wide on jira cloud, and the feature isn't coming to the cloud any time soon.  BUt are there any alternative methods to set a ticket priority with only 4 of the 5 site-wide priority levels?   We use Blocker, Critical, Major, Minor, Trivial. And we'd like the new project to disallow Blocker.

I was thinking of having a custom field, Severity, with the 4 levels. Then upon creation of the ticket, set Priority to the user-entered Severity value.  Is there a way to do that?

And is there a way to have Priority mirror any Severity value changes during edits?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2018

You could use the "priority scheme" functionality to do this if you're on the latest version of Jira.

Kim Fleer April 9, 2018

I believe that is only available with Jira server, not Jira cloud. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2018

Yes, it's not made it to Cloud yet.

There's no way to do this at all on Cloud, you'll need an add-on to provide a post-function or listener to read your "severity" field and calculate a priority from it.

Suggest an answer