Is there a way to create a button that creates sub-tasks?

Davina Tsosie January 18, 2017

I'm using JIRA Cloud and would like to have a button on the parent issue that gives the option to create subtasks (see below). Right now we're going to more options to create the subtasks but users would like a button on a specific status that opens the create subtask window. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Davina

image2017-1-18 8:34:27.png

2 answers

0 votes
Davina Tsosie January 18, 2017

Is there a way I can use JIRA automation to automatically create subtasks when the issue transitions through a particular status?

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017
Davina Tsosie January 19, 2017

I tried the example shown but it did not create the sub-tasks automatically. Could there be anything I'm missing?

image2017-1-19 10:10:43.png

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2017

Does the issue you are transitioning already have some sub-tasks?

If you are still having problems, I'd suggest reaching out to Code Barrel directly: https://codebarrel.io/support/

I've found them to be very helpful in past.

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2017

You could write your own custom add-on with Atlassian connect that would be able to give you that functionality. But the button would not go there. It would have to go in the right sidebar: connect.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer