Is there a way to color code cards by issue type on boards? (jira core cloud)

Ernesto Donate September 27, 2017

Hello, 

My board contains three different issue types but I cannot distinguish between issue types on the board unless I click on the issue card.

I am using Jira Core Cloud and want to know if there is a way I can color code cards by issue type, or somehow distinguish between issue types on board.

Thank You 

2 answers

1 vote
Ross Dammann February 1, 2018

Great suggestion Ernesto! They should definitely add that functionality to JIRA Core!

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2017

@Ernesto Donate, I don’t use Jira Core but do use Jira cloud and that capability is there. I would have to imagine it is there for core. Just go to the board and select configure board and card color. On that page you should be able to select Issue Type.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

The same as Jack, we use Jira cloud and have colour coded cards. In addition, each card displays a symbol (small icon) which is unique - hovering over it pops up a dialog stating which type it is

Picture0002.jpg

Ernesto Donate October 2, 2017

Hi, 

It appears that i do not have option configure board...well, i do not see it anywhere:

Board.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

It appears you are on server. Have you read the documentation on Atlassian’s site for server? I’m sure it is an option. Too are you the owner of the board or an admin? That may be required.

Ernesto Donate October 6, 2017

Hi Jack, 

We are on Jira Core Cloud. I am an admin but i do not see any option to configure boards, the only option I see that is kinda related is the System Dashboard which is under System Settings.  Is it possible that Jira Core Cloud doesn't have this functionality?

Thank You, 

Ernesto 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2017

Core "business" boards don't have the colouring facility.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2017

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

@Ernesto Donate, this was my bad I did not notice that you were on Jira "Core" and given the title unsure how i missed it. I apologize for misdirecting you. 

Suggest an answer