Is there a way to clear multiple columns when releasing/closing sprints?

Bleddyn Raw-Rees November 9, 2016

We have three columns that use the done resolution: Done; No longer required; and Rejected. 

Currently a release/closing of a sprint, only clears the right-most column (in this case done). So we have been dragging the other two status' into the done column before a release. This is both laborious and unrepresentative. 

Ideally I would like to see all three columns cleared. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2016

Columns are not based on resolution, they are based on status.  I assume you have Done, No Longer Required and Rejected as status (possibly as well as resolution, which is a little redundent)

Most simple option - put all three of those Status into the done column.  When a user drags a card into the column, they'll be given the option to choose which one of the three to drop it into.

Slightly more complex, but possibly cleaner option - dump the "no longer required" and "rejected" status.  Have them as resolutions so people can see why you've said "done", and you can even have transitions like "reject" and "not needed" that land in the "done" status and set the resolution for the user!

Bleddyn Raw-Rees November 9, 2016

Thanks for your rapid reply!

Yes:  Done; No longer required; and Rejected are status' not resolutions. 

I was looking at the option of doing away with the status' for the resolutions instead. It's slightly less visual though and wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything before moving forward. I think that's what I'll do. 

Thanks again

Suggest an answer