• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Is there a way to bulk add watchers? If not, are there any suggestions to have a team be notified of all project activities/movements/status changes/etc?

Is there a way to bulk add watchers? If not, are there any suggestions to have a team be notified of all project activities/movements/status changes/etc?

Deleted user June 23, 2016

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Justin Leader [HyperVelocity] June 23, 2016

If you want your team to be notified of essentially everything, you would change the notifications scheme to add notifications for all of the events you want notified. Keep in mind that your scheme might be shared with other projects, though!

thanks! Is it possible to add a watcher field when creating a subtask (similar to your first response)?

Actually, what I did was I ended up making a group and adjusted the notification scheme for that project. Thanks for your input!

Földes László June 26, 2017

Sorry, but this is not a good anwer, or if it is, then the question was wrong.

I don't want my team notified of everything, I just want to add watchers in bulk, that's all

I created 15 tasks in a board, and want to add a single person to the watchers list for every task. JIRA does not allow to add Watchers during the task creation phase so the only option is to add it later.

Like Mike Shkolnik likes this
0 votes

I am on the cloud

0 votes
Justin Leader [HyperVelocity] June 23, 2016

Are you Server or Cloud? If Server, take a look at the Watcher Field add-on. That will make that field bulk-changeable.

Kasia Kot August 10, 2017

Hi Justim, I downloaded this plug in but still dont see this field and cant see option to add watchers during edditing 9 issues at the same time. after instaling this plug-in should do any more steps to add this field to bulk screen? could you help me with some tips?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events