Is there a way to access say an external excel file to populate custom fields in jira?

Randy October 22, 2017

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking around on the forum but haven't found what I have been looking for exactly in regards to this question. I need to access a csv or excel file outside Jira and take that data and load it into custom fields.

Up until now everything I've done has been in Jira so this situation is new to me. Is this doable? Or if this file was local to the Jira server would that be possible? Or is there a plugin that would allow for something like this?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2017

Please have a look "How to bulk import custom field values for certain types of Custom Field" - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-bulk-import-custom-field-values-for-certain-types-of-custom-field-827123935.html

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2017

Suggest an answer