Is there a way for me to run a filter that will show me all tasks under an epic?

Candace Diggs January 3, 2017

I have an epic set up in JIRA and I'm trying to see all tasks and their assignee's under that epic. Is there a way for me to do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2017

It seems I've found the solution:

install free SQL for JIRA Driver add-on and execute query "Epic Link" = epic_issue_key OR parent in sql("select key from issues where jql='\"Epic Link\" = epic_issue_key'")

0 votes
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2017

Hi Candace,

Have you tried JQL: "Epic Link" = epic_issue_key ?

Candace Diggs January 3, 2017

Yes and it will only show the stories with the epic link, not the subtasks.

Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2017

It shows all tasks and bugs from the epic for me...

Candace Diggs January 4, 2017

Capture.PNG

You can see I also have all standard issue types and sub-task issue types selected, but I do not see the actual subtasks under a story. The only thing showing for me is the story. 

When I click on the story and then a subtask, it says "A subtask cannot be assigned to an epic.

epic.PNG

Suggest an answer