Is there a limit to the number of returned results for issue functions?

Nicholas Messier January 11, 2016

I am trying to design a JIRA filter using the issueFunction parentsOf() to create a subquery.

I was able to create the proper syntax and test this in a development environment but when the returned results are greater than ~ 230 results I get the error "Error occurred communicating with the server. Please reload the page and try again."  Is there a limit to the amount of results that can be returned or is this a symptom of another issue with our JIRA server?

4 answers

0 votes
Nicholas Messier January 12, 2016

After rebooting our instance for other maintenance this issue was resolved. Thanks everyone for the help!

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2016

There is no limit...please check the logs. Also post the full query you are using.

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2016

Also check your memory usage in case you are hitting a limit there.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2016

First of all check atlassian-jira.log for errors. It could get some more information to get the trouble.

Suggest an answer