Is their a way to export details of an issue to a CSV file at a particular stage of issue

Niranjan Teegala January 11, 2016

Guys need help... we are looking for a way to export details of an issue when it reaches a gate of approval in SDLC Process. I am finding an add on to do that... is there any way that we can export the details and keep stacking the file with new tickets as it comes to that gate of approval.

Thanks,

Niranjan Teegala

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2016

You can add a CLI post function to the appropriate transition that runs a getIssueList action to export the issue data to a CSV file. You would use the jql parameter with "key = %original_key%" to get only the issue being transitioned. You would either need a uniquely named file (by timestamp or similar) or use --append to keep adding rows to an existing file.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2016

You can intelligently intercept the status changes with the super-powerful JIRA Automation Plugin, then:

1. Either use the PDF Automation Plugin to capture the current status of the issue to a PDF file. It has the advantage that you can also capture the attachments, comments and other data that do not really fit the CSV fileformat.
    Guide for PDF automations
  2. Or use the Excel Automation Plugin to capture the current status to an Excel sheet. Although it has major advantages over CSV, this add-on does not support incrementally adding new lines to an existing spreadsheet.
    Guide for Excel automations

0 votes
Niranjan Teegala January 12, 2016

Thanks Jobin... but I was looking for a different method of export mechanism... with out manual intervention...

Thanks Bob... I will try your suggested method... I think this is what I am looking for...

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2016

You can create a filter for the status and export it to Excel from the issue navigator, does that work?

Ideally, you should just display the filter on the JIRA dashboard and shouldn't worry about the export at all but the export is there if needed.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2016

Does it means that you need to add some informaton about issue to the file every time when it is set to a certain status? Or you can analise change history to get values of requaed fields st the moment of some transition

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events