• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Is that possible to automatically cancel the original status of the test execution, when I want to add or edit more steps on the manual steps after executing Test Excution?

Is that possible to automatically cancel the original status of the test execution, when I want to add or edit more steps on the manual steps after executing Test Excution?

suzuki rijun February 6, 2017

1. Creat Test Execution from Test
2. Run Test Execution > Pass the Tese Execution
3. Add/Edit Manual steps

asis: Test Execution still shows Pass status after adding/modifying the Test Execution
Problem about
1.Due to the unchanged status, it's necessary to re-create the modified ticket manually
2.Althought it is possible to reset the Test Execution on the detail page after edit, the executed manual steps will also be reset after running the reset command.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Xavier Fernandes February 7, 2017

Hi suzuki rijun,

thank you for using Xray.
It is not possible to automatically cancel the original status of the Test Execution, and there is a reason for that.
Lets say that you have a requirement and a test for this requirement, you execute the test and the Test Execution have the status PASS, for example. Meanwhile, for another version of your tested software, you need your test to evolve. Then you still need to maintain the Execution Status for the previous version and that is the reason the Execution Status does not reset automatically. This way, you can create a new Test Execution for the evolved Test and maintain the Execution Status of the previous Test Executions.

Regarding reseting the Test Execution in the detail page we have a user story that will do that, please check

http://jira.xpand-addons.com/browse/XRAY-684

This feature is planned to be released in Xray 2.1.0.

For further questions you can also contact our support team.

Best Regards,

Xavier Fernandes.

suzuki rijun February 7, 2017

Hi Xavier Fernandes, 

Thank you for the reply, now I understood that it cannot be changed for construction reasons.
I will also keep tracking the story.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer