Is t possible to create a generic user ID in Jira

Vaishakh V Vijayan September 17, 2018

Hi, 

I am trying to integrate Jira with my Mobile App, giving option to users to report an issue in Jira directly using the API. Most of the users do not have access to Jira, so is it possible for me to create a generic ID in Jira so that the Issue can be raised with this credentials from the Mobile App. The API doesn't allow to create a Jira without user creds

1 answer

2 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2018

Hey there Vaishakh, you can certainly create a generic user account in JIRA as a sort of dummy user account (for the use of the API creating issues), but I have to note that the dummy user would still be counted towards your user count in your license.

Vaishakh V Vijayan September 19, 2018

Could you please tell me the steps on how to create the dummy user.

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2018

Assuming that you have administer rights, you should be able to do it via the 'User Management' screen of the Jira Admin. From there, choose Create User, and when filling in the email, make sure it is the dummy email that will be used by the API.

For more details, check out our documentation on this : https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/adding-new-users-906395718.html

Suggest an answer