Is it possible with JQL to find issues where no linked issues have been recently updated?

Brandon Tomyoy October 18, 2016

I'm trying to find a way through JQL (and possibly with the help of ScriptRunner and/or JQL Tricks) where, for example, the filter would return all issues in a project where no "is blocked by" issue that has been linked has been updated over a certain time frame (i.e. 1 week).

Say issue EXAMPLE-123 has 3 "is blocked by" links. If those 3 issues all haven't been updated in a week, the filter would return EXAMPLE-123 in the query. The filter I am looking for would return all issues that meet this criteria.

My starting point so far is the following query that I have tried through JQL Tricks, but it's doesn't seem to be working:

issue in linkedIssuesInQuery("updated <= -1w","is blocked by")

2 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2016

The ScriptRunner equivalent is:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("updated &gt; -1w", blocks)

but in both cases I don't think it's what you want. Both will find the blocking issues where the blocked issue has not been updated in a week.

The hard part of your question is the all, ie where all the blocking issues have not been updated in a week. You could just look for the blocking issues that haven't been updated in over a week, which would be:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("", blocks) and updated &gt; -1w

To do it like you want you could write your own jql function, or add a script field which contained the date of the last update of any blocking issues, and query on that.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2016

You have to use the opposite link direction. The issues that are not updated has "blocks" link with EXAMPLE-123.

Can you try the following?

issue in linkedIssuesInQuery("updated &lt;= -1w","blocks")

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events