Is it possible to notify a user when any card reaches a certain column in the kanban board?

Crystal Sylvester October 3, 2016

Currently, we would like it for our documentation team to be automatically notified when a card is moved into a QA column. I have not been able to find a setting in the "notifications" setting to specify a group/user to be notified when something is moved into a particular column.

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Crystal Sylvester October 3, 2016

Thanks Nic! That helped immensely!

For anyone interested in exact steps:

Step 1: Go to System --> Events

Step 2: At the bottom of the page go to "Add New Events" and create one with a template

Step 3: Go back to your Project Configurations --> Notification Schemes

Step 4: You should see your custom event now –> Add it to the group or user, or whatever you'd like

Step 5: Edit your workflow transition --> Post Functions

Step 6: Edit the "generic event" post function and change it to the new custom event. 

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2016

Change of column is, behind the scenes, a workflow transition from one status to another.

If you look at the workflow, you'll find every transition has a post-function for "fire event x", and you can choose whatever event you want (you can also add your own events to use there too if you need them)

Then, you can use the notification scheme to email people when that event happens.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2016

Oh, sorry, I forgot, if you do want to define your own events, do that before editing the workflow, otherwise you'll find yourself having to wander off to do it part-way through an edit.  Annoyingly breaks the flow of work.

Crystal Sylvester October 6, 2016

Ah thank you! Yeah I've definitely had to do that multiple times! (I always seem to forget until Im halfway through). Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events