Is it possible to map a screen to view/edit an issue within a particular workflow Status?

James Gill January 26, 2017

I am trying to see if it's possible to change the view/edit Issue Screen so that a different screen is displayed only when an Issue finds itself within a particular workflow Status.  

Basically I'm trying to set up a workflow that will allow me to set reminders to follow up with something at a future date and time and also display a quick note about what needed to be followed up.  I would like to display this screen for ANY issue that finds itself within a specific Workflow Status, but I cannot think of a way to display a different edit/view issue screen for a Workflow Status, only for Workflow transitions.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2017

No, edit means edit, the status is irrelevant.

You'll have to do this with transitions.

James Gill January 26, 2017

So it's not possible to control the Screen that is displayed when a user views/edits an issue based on Issue Status within a Workflow other than the use of Transition screens?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2017

Correct.

There are tricks you can play with add-ons (Behaviours can remove fields I think), but JIRA only has one screen for edit, one for view, one for create and one for each transition.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events