Is it possible to import test steps

Abdul-Jabbar Ali March 2, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2016

Probably, but it depends on what structures you have setup in JIRA (or test case management add-ons) and what your test steps are currently held in.

Abdul-Jabbar Ali March 2, 2016

Thanks for the reply Nic.

I believe the add on tool we are using is called XRAY for test case management.

The fields are named as Step, Input/Data, Expected results and attcachments. When I do a export of the fields, they are referenced as 'Manual Test Steps (Export)' for the above mentioned fields.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016

Ok, so what does XRAY's documentation have to say about imports and how it maps stuff in JIRA?

Abdul-Jabbar Ali March 9, 2016

I havent been able to find any documentation on XRAY which details how to import the test steps into JIRA hence my question on this platform.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2016

Ok, then that takes us straight back to the question of what structures you want to import your data into.

We can't really help you with an import unless we know what you're trying to import, and what it is going to end up in.  "Test cycles" or "steps" tells us nothing about the target, you need to explain what they are going to be when you've imported.  Issues, fields, projects, users - you need to decide what the mappings are.

Suggest an answer