Is it possible to have permission levels for each workflow transition

Kate September 30, 2016

If I'm creating a project where the different transitions would need to be controlled by different project specific roles (not groups), how do I go about it? 

In essence, I'm wondering if it's possible at the Role level or better yet at the permission schema level to only allow "people in the validators Role" to press the "Assign" button or only "people in the developer role" to press the "in progress" button etc.)

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2016

It's even more flexible than that.  Have a look at the "conditions" on the workflow transitions and you'll see two broad types - direct and indirect.  Direct ones say things like "only people in role X can do this".  Indirect ones say things like "only people with permission Y can do this" - they go through the permission schemes.

In fact, you're generally discouraged from using groups in conditions at all, roles are the better way to do it.  Have a look at the built in workflows to see how they do it.

1 vote
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2016

You do that in the workflow, on each transition you'll create/set a condition to only allow users in specific groups/roles to perform the transition. If they're not permitted, they won't see the button or dropdown option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events