Is it possible to have issues transition to different statuses on create, depending on what priority level is entered?

Morgan Thunder March 2, 2016

I would like to issues to transition to different statuses on creation (e.g, to 'open' or 'input queue') depending on the priority level that was entered in the creation screen. I imagine this should be doable with a post-function or validator but am not sure exactly how to make it happen.

Alternatively, if Script Runner is a better option, could anyone point me in the right direction in terms of what code to use?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

You can add a post-function on the Create transition which will execute another transition based on the priority value. Check this Script Runner sample - I think it does exactly what you need  - https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_fast_track_transition_an_issue

Morgan Thunder April 8, 2016

Hi Boris - thank you for your answer. It was useful but I never got it working because the workflow I wanted to apply the post function to is shared by various projects and I was afraid I'd interfere with them. I've only just come back to it and realised that if I include the project key of the project I want to apply it to in the condition, it could be ok.

My problem now is that I don't speak Groovy. My attempt of:

(issue.getProjectObject().getKey() = "TSUPP") && (issue.priority?.name == 'High'||'Emergency')

In the condition field hasn't worked for me. Any ideas on how to express this?

Suggest an answer