• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Core
  • Questions
  • Is it possible to have a issue that is across 2 sprints? For example I have 2 sprints for different clients obviously and want to be able to have an issue linked into both sprints without having to create another ticket or sub task?

Is it possible to have a issue that is across 2 sprints? For example I have 2 sprints for different clients obviously and want to be able to have an issue linked into both sprints without having to create another ticket or sub task?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Sprints shared between multiple boards

Ask your question here...

1 answer

0 votes

An issue goes into one sprint. Ideally, you shouldn't even have 2 boards for 2 clients. There should be one board for your team and it should have stories from all clients. You can then prioritize the work for your sprint across the different clients. It will help you with planning and in identifying the capacity of your team.

You can of course use quick filters, swimlanes etc for separating the stories.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

930 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot