Is it possible to force the resolution to be duplicate if the ticket is linked as a duplicate?

Brian R December 13, 2016

For example, I have ticket A and ticket B. I link A as a duplicate of B. Now, I want to close out A, because it's a duplicate. In my workflow, when I move to done, I already have a screen that appears with that prompts to select a resolution. BUT, is there a way to force that resolution (or default it) to be "duplicate" when the ticket is linked as a duplicate?

2 answers

1 vote
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2016

Hi Brian

You will have to use ScriptRunner and use a Post Function in the workflow transition to check the statuses of all linked issues of type "Duplicate". Note, there can be more than one linked issue. 

See https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.6/jira/recipes/workflow/postfunctions/set-issue-attributes.html

Bhushan

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

Not out of the box, no. Are you interested in add-on solutions? You can accomplish this a few different ways with say, ScriptRunner for JIRA Server.

Suggest an answer