Is it possible to create calculable field in JIRA without using any addon.

Dhevendran Natarajan November 28, 2018

Problem Statement :

Currently we are in process of migrating CSV backlog into JIRA.

We have used excel formula to calculate priority score.

For instance, there are around 5 field for which value is entered manually. Based on decision tree algorithm and value provided in aforementioed field, Priority score is calculated automatically.

Is there a way in JIRA to create calculable field without using any addon.

Thanks,

Dhevendran N

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2018

No, it doesn't have calculated fields off-the-shelf (barring some hard-coded ones like the work progress etc)

Dhevendran Natarajan December 11, 2018

Thanks for the response Nic. Then how do I enable it in JIRA. Do I need to download any addon. If yes, is there any free add on available to create calculate field

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2018

Free, not that I know of.  I'd use Scriptrunner as the most flexible option for scripting and calculated fields, but I have experts on tap, so I'm biased.

I found JIRA MISC Custom Field add on under free category. Any idea about using it for Calculate Field.

0 votes

Thanks for the response Nic. Then how do I enable it in JIRA. Do I need to download any addon. If yes, is there any free add on available to create calculate field?.

Suggest an answer