It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to change the default settings for the fields checked in the "Configure Fields" menu?

When editing an issues in JIRA, if I click on the "Configure Fields:" button in the top right-hand corner, a set of fields is checked. How does that set get defined? I can see that it remembers me settings, but I'm wondering how it gets defined at the beginning.

2 answers

1 accepted

AFAIK, everything is checked by default.

I just created a new issue type (subtask) and added it to my existing issue type screen scheme so it would be available to all of my projects. I also created a new screen and screen scheme. 

When I try to create a new subtask, only the system fields are showing up (e.g., summary, description, components, labels, assignee, etc.) and my custom fields, from my new screen, are not showing up by default. 

It appears from this question; https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/User-s-quot-Configure-Fields-quot-settings/qaq-p/43816, that the default is to only show the system fields and not all fields. :(

Is there a way to force a new issue type and new screen to show All fields to all users the first time they use that new issue type? And then allow them to turn off any fields they don't want to see after that?

Hi,

I'm also wondering where these settings are saved.

Thanks,

Cynthia

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

884 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you