Is it possible to change field context of a field by changing a value in another custom field?

Akhil_vs September 26, 2016

Hi Guys,

I have this requirement where when a user selects a value from components field , the custom field "Area" must be populated with suited context.

Like if;

Component = abc

Area = Arrivals; Requests, Trailers, Yard

Component = def

Area = Carriers, Transfer Bookings, Vendors

Here area is a custom field with 2 context (abc and def with values Arrivals; Requests, Trailers, Yard for abc and values Carriers, Transfer Bookings, Vendors for def in its context).

Is it possible in any way?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2016

Forget the idea of changing the context.  That is something that is done at the back end, and not only is it a back-end configuration, it's one that often requires you to re-index if it is changed, and what you're trying to do would need to do that.  It's a red-herring here, totally the wrong approach.

But, the Behaviors add-on can fill fields, without messing with contexts or anything like that.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2016

Check out the behaviors plugin. I don't use it, but from other questions in the forum it may work for this.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2016

I don't think it's easy via behaviours plugin to change the context, sure it can change the value of the custom field within the same context but not the whole context.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events